Skip to content
- Declaration of Indigenous Rights- look at core issues
- Why is it important?
- What value do native students find in Native-friendly /culturally based knowledge and assessments
- Are we talking about program evaluation or individual (student) assessment? (Yes, both)
- What is program evaluation?
- Can hurt- if unsuccessful
- Evaluation versus assessment?- similarities/differences?
- What are some successful programs? Where can we share this information?
- AEA=Indigenous evaluation (American Evaluation Association, had an upcoming conference with sessions on indigenous evaluation — http://www.eval.org/ )
- How will the data by used and by whom, be careful to have elder input and cultural committee approval
- Academic setting: Some tribal schools have specific cultural requirements
- Provide risk/benefit info- i.e., how survey data will be used
- Need to get “Investment” in the project from the beginning
- Shared ownership
- Short term process vs. deliverables